Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Did you really miss me?


Some things never change. And one of those things I can promise you, is that I am a gamer. Its been a year since I last gave anyone a peep to me being alive. I've mainly been living my life and figuring things out. Much has passed, moved on and for lack of anything else, fallen to dust.

The notion has struck me, that I have the time now - even with going back to school - that I have the time to actually write. The question came do I write for this blog or the other blog. Well, my choice was this one as I am still a 100% gamer. But I've not done anything news worthy in the Model world. And I'm not sure if I will to be honest. But given geeky things happen everyday - why not talk about that?


I'm sure a few of you are downhearted by this. Understandable. And I'm warmed in my naughty parts your so smitten to be let down, but take this to heart - I may model once more. Its not something I am completely off of, its just something I'm not active with right now. My focus is first school, then my life and if I can work it in ever again modeling.

NOW on to why the opening image is that of the lovely new Alice the Madness returns game. While I have not played it yet, its something I've been rolling about in my brain. Mainly because I enjoyed the first game so much, despite its glitches and insanely difficult moments. I know a few people who quit at different parts of the game due to the difficulty for some challenges and could never bring them selves to finish the game. I only finished because I enabled hacks, something I'm sure kept me from breaking my keyboard or monitor in rage.

Alice's release was a bit silent because the long awaited Duck.. I'm sorry Duke Nukem Forever was FINALLY released. Now we have to joke about something else. Though from the podcast and reviews I've seen for it the game its a joke on its self. I can only say what did people expect of a game that's been passed on to three different companies at different stages of its development because each company that had it went under? If anything I think the company that took it in was afraid the curse may get them as well and rushed to get it out the door.

I may be revamping the blog in coming days to make it a bit more user friendly and less annoying. That meaning if I have the attention span to look at code and not scream like a littler girl. I look forward to hearing from you all, and if I don't well then fuck you as well. 




  <3Lex


Update:
Looks like I beat my self to the punk .. er punch and managed to throw down a decent layout I liked better then what I had. Yes, I am still obsessed with Bioshock.

3 comments:

CDerosby said...

Welcome back. I love the new masthead on your site too. I'm looking forward to reading a positive review on this game, as IGN and Gamestop weren't quite as kind to this one or its predecessor.

Lex said...

Which I can actually understand as the first game was full of glitches. And some of the challenges I felt you COULDN'T beat without cheating because of clipping issues with the graphics. Which is a shame really. The story is well throught out and each level plays in to it beautifully. Its just the manner in which some things were handled that drove me nuts.

CDerosby said...

I find that to be the case with almost every game I play. The publisher rushes it out the door, then you're waiting for patches so you don't have to reboot your game. The Lego games can get really glitchy. I love inFamous, but there are a few spots that are driving me nuts.

And I loved Bioshock. Glad to see it's getting some love here and that you're sticking around.