Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pottermore


Now if your a Harry Potter fan your panties are in a bunch with the movie so close to release. And potentially even more so since Ms. Rowling put Pottermore up a few weeks back leaving everyone guessing as to what it could/would be. I honestly hoped it was a MMORPG (like I NEED another game) as the world of HP is as vast as our own and much of it has yet to be discovered truly. (Like why isn't there any Asian or American wizards?) The books themselves have created a cult following unlike any modern books, and the movies have only furthered that. I'm honestly waiting for the last movie before I pick up the books and begin back tracking.

Yes, this means I've not read them. At the time the series started the few friends I had in to the books actually managed to creep even me out with how obsessed they became. Those people are no longer in my life so its an idea I've considered for some time now. But with the movies almost over, I figured it might be good to finish one and then go to the other. I'm getting off track here though!


Ms. Rowling states that Pottermore will be the site to buy digital audio books, ebook versions of the books (something quite a few have been waiting on) as well as a new experience. Its not quite clear to me what she means as its supposed to be interactive, between each member with the story and with Ms. Rowling her self given new information shes been holding back on.  Now this is where I get confused, is it just a site for HP themed Fanfics? Or not even Fanfics but original stories by fans of the world?

Pottermore is a free website that builds an exciting online experience around the reading of the Harry Potter books. - Pottermore Website
That's great. But does that mean Ms.Rowling will do weekly readings of the book now?  The vagueness of what the true point of the site is makes me tilt my head like a dog that heard something funny. I'm going to leave you with the video and see if maybe you can't figure it out. I'm excited, but I'm not sure if I should be.


No comments: