Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Geekyest way to say Marry me?


I found this on Geeksaresexy.net and had to share it. As far as geeky marriage proposals that I've seen or read about this has to be up there. Most tend to be game related. Like the now well know story of the man who hacked his girlfriends Bejeweled game to pop the question. One so clever that Pop Games, the maker of Bejeweled even helped the couple out by paying for their honey moon.

Others have followed suit, hacking games, staging events it seems. With the advent of the internet fame that can come with being sickeningly sweet and geeky each man (or women) is out to over throw the current "Geeky Marriage proposal" couple. Youtube is full of them. Makes you wonder what some of these people would have done twenty years ago when they had to be satisfied with simply retelling the story to friends and family who couldn't be there for the big event.

I can't honestly say one way or another if I would enjoy the attention or would want my significant other to go about asking me to marry them in such a way. I suppose for me as a geek girl it'd have to be done in a rather interesting way.  Mainly being, since I do surf the internet without a guide (MWAHAHA) I do stumble across those proposals as everyone links them, talks about them and re-posts them. I beleive I would be disappointed with the lack of creativity in my partner if they chose to copy someone else idea. Like that whole rose story from ages past that I'm sure millions of guys thought them selves "ever so clever" by copying the idea and replaying it out with the girl they were with (and hoped like hell she didn't know the story!) at the time.   Nothing wrong with it, but when I can Google it and five at least 7 "How to" type sites suggesting this, its time to find something else gents!

No comments: